On September 5, Mercedes-Benz Fashion week kicks off to give us all a glimpse at what’s to come next season. In preparation for that, here’s a little list of things to swish around for Spring 2009. Thank you TheFrisky.com!
- Look to TV’s socialites, like the Gossip Girl and the up-and-coming 90210 cast members, for fashion inspiration, since all the designers are clamoring to dress them.
- Designers Justin Timberlake and Trace Ayala have expanded their
denim collection to include men’s and women’s, but we’re really smitten
with their structured leather jackets.
- Devi Kroell is expanding her handbag line to include a spring
ready-to-wear collection that is feminine and flattering to women of
- Christian Louboutin who? Nicholas Kirkwood is the new shoe designer
du jour, and celebs have already taken notice. He is designing the
spring shoe collection for Rodarte and is making shoes for the Pollini
fashion show in Milan.
- As in past seasons, the dress will be an integral part of your
wardrobe. Look for details like cut-outs and a body-conscious fit, like
this dress from Cushnie et Ochs.
- Abigail Lorick, who was the ghost designer for Eleanor Waldorf’s collection on Gossip Girl, is one to watch for her ladylike separates with a downtown edge. Her spring collection is inspired by Virginia Woolf’s A Room of One’s Own.
TrackBack URL for this entry: