Fall is officially upon us here in Portland and we know this because the ground is littered with both leaves and rain. That said, we’re not upset, as with new seasons comes new shoes and clothes. Hurray—the fall shopping season is here! Luckily, this weekend’s rain didn’t wash away all the great shoe, fashion and celebrity news to report because this week’s review is as exciting as any. Enjoy!
- How to find comfortable shoes—Like most woman, you probably have problem feet. Or, perhaps we should say you probably have problem shoes; shoes that are cute enough to encourage pure torture on your feet. Either way, comfort shouldn’t (always) have to be compromised for style. Thanks to CNN online for putting together some tips and tricks to finding comfortable pumps, flats and sandals.
- You are what you wear—It appears as though the old adage, "you are what you eat" has transfered over to fashion into "you are what you wear." This refers to the growing popularity of organic and animal-friendly clothing. It used to be that designers differentiated on actual designs, but now were seeing more designers differentiate on what their clothes are made of and where, how and whom is manufacturing them.
- Backstreet’s back, again—Yes, our friends, your dreams have true, the Backstreet Boys are back. Whether or not they are better than before is up to you to decide. In our opinion, they are about the same. Checkout Backstreet’s new video and see for yourself.
- Emmy fashion—Contrary to popular belief, the Emmy awards aren’t all about entertainment, fashion is just as important as the awards themselves. Fashion expert Finola Hughes was on hand with her take on who was hot and who was not.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Post a comment
September 5th, 2007
Wow, it’s already Wednesday and we’re just now getting to this past weekend’s shoe and fashion news review. Our latency began with Monday’s holiday and continued when we decided skipping this week’s Sole Steal was not an option. I guess the old adage "it’s better late than never" is applicable here. All that being said, we hope you enjoy our long weekend of shoe and fashion news review:
- Crocs banned in hospitals—Hospitals around the country are slowly adopting a "No Crocs" rule in their dress codes. Originally marketed to health-care professionals, Crocs are being banned in hospitals because they are said to be hazardous and un-professional looking.
- Transformer shoes—Nope, we are not talking about toy robots which transform into shoes. Instead, we’re talking about adjustable-height high heels. Chamileon is the brand that’s changing the way women walk, literally.
- Q&A with Vera Wang—From designer fashion to designer mattresses, and Nordstrom’s to Kohl’s, Vera Wang has done it all during her successful career. Read Vera’s thoughts on business strategy, celebrities and future aspirations in her Q&A session with The Wall Street Journal.
- How to prevent a bunion—Sadly, bunions are something the majority of women deal with annualy. If you’re lucky enough to be bunion-free it’s probably because you’re not cramming your feet into shoes for the sake of fashion… your loss. Here’s Forbes’ take on the female foot bunion epidemic and what there research says are the best ways to walk bunion-free.
TrackBack URL for this entry: